Rentasaur COVID Safety Plan and Operational Guidelines
In the light of recent announcements by the Victorian Government of Stage 4 lockdowns in the Melbourne Metropolitan Area from August 2 and Stage 3 lockdowns in Regional Victoria for August 5, we wish to advise of how we propose serving you, our valued customers in these testing times.
Firstly, this is how Rentasaur will operate:
Rentasaur will continue to conduct its online service to our customers during our normal business hours of 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday, but will operate with a reduced workforce at their business premises.
Therefore, we ask that under no circumstances customers attend our offices, but rather call or email your enquiries. We will get back to you as soon as possible and ask for your patience in these trying times.
Rentasaur will offer a contactless service as follows:
Applications can be made via the normal means - i.e. online or via phone.
Where applications are approved, the following guidelines will be strictly implemented to ensure a contactless service:
Deliveries:- As exists now, you will be emailed your agreement, including a COVID Declaration, which must be completed electronically and returned to us.
- Upon receipt, we will contact you to arrange delivery time and you will be required to be at your premises when delivery is performed.
- Our delivery driver will contact you from outside your property to ensure you are home and upon confirmation, will deliver your product to whatever external entry door you nominate.
- In Stage 4 areas (Melbourne Metro), Rentasaur will not be responsible for assembly of furniture items in your home and it will be up to the customer to assemble themselves in these situations. Note: Rentasaur will not take responsibility or incur costs for incorrect assembly by customers. It is recommended that if you are unsure about assembling furniture items, you should wait to rent until such time as the restrictions are lifted.
For regional areas, furniture assembly can be performed under the following guidelines:
- Upon arrival to the customers address, our driver is to meet with only one person from that household and that person is to be wearing a face mask and is to provide to our driver the names of other residents in the home. Any other residents in the home are to be located in different parts of the home at time of delivery
- Assembly will not be done until this occurs.
- Note: Our driver will be fitted out with face mask and gloves and is tasked with getting in and out of your property as soon as possible.
Maintenance and repairs:
Rentasaur commits to continuing its maintenance repair service in a contactless fashion to the extent it is capable of, where external suppliers remain open. Currently, there are some suppliers who we know will be closing during Stage 4 lockdown in Melbourne metropolitan area, so our best advice is not to damage your goods!
Where repairs/maintenance can occur, the following guidelines apply:
In Melbourne Metro Area (Stage 4):- Log your concern with Rentasaur via phone or email;
- Pick up to be co-ordinated and our driver will contact you from outside your property when he arrives. You must be present.
- Ideally, the product must be left outside at an external door which the driver can easily access. Anything of a small nature (eg tablet, phone) must be in a bag for pick up.
Rentasaur bears no responsibility for any costs associated with repair of product except for any damage caused after pick up of the product.
Note, it will not be possible for Rentasaur to pick up or repair furniture items that need to be disassembled.
Delivery of the repaired product will be the same procedure as described above in the delivery section.
In Regional Areas incl. Geelong (Stage 3):- The process as described for Melbourne metro area above will be followed in the regional areas, with the addition of pick up of TV’s, furniture and white goods, where the following guidelines apply:
- Upon arrival to the customers address, our driver is to meet with only one person from that household and that person is to be wearing a face mask and is to provide to our driver the names of other residents in the home. Any other residents in the home are to be located in different parts of the home at time of delivery A maintenance check and possible pick up of the product will not be done until this occurs.
Note: Our driver will be fitted out with face mask and gloves and is tasked with getting in and out of your property as soon as possible.
Finally, we ask that if you or others in your home are experiencing any symptoms of illness, OR you have been contact with others who are; OR if you are currently undertaking a period of self-isolation, that you reschedule any planned deliveries.
Additionally, if someone in your household becomes ill within 14 days following a home visit from Rentasaur staff, please notify us immediately.
We are monitoring the situation closely and will act on the advice of health authorities as the situation develops.
In the meantime, we hope that all our customers stay safe and healthy.Together we will get through this trying time.